The Physical Education, Physical Activity and Youth Sport (PEPAYS) Ireland Research Centre is seeking a new Co-Director
The mission of PEPAYS Ireland is use high quality, multi-disciplinary and multi-entity research to share, influence and inform policy and practice relating to advancing the health and well-being of populations in the areas of physical education, sport, physical activity and health (www.pepaysireland.com ). PEPAYS Ireland has members conducting research within and across two research clusters: (1) Facilitating Learning through Teaching, Coaching, and Inclusion, (2) Active Schools, Active Communities.
Responsibilities of the Co-Directors are to:
- Provide strategic leadership to PEPAYS Ireland
- Drive implementation of the PEPAYS Ireland strategic plan
- Extend national and international research networks connected to PEPAYS Ireland
- Serve as liaison and support to the PEPAYS Ireland Advisory Board
- Set the agenda and chair PEPAYS Ireland cluster chair meetings
- Serve as line manager for the PEPAYS Ireland PhD studentship
Requirements for Application
We welcome applications from individuals who:
- are committed to building research capacity and collaborations focussed on research needs nationally and internationally while providing a supportive research structure that nurtures new researchers and emerging research topics in the field.
- are currently involved with PEPAYS Ireland and an active researcher in one of the PEPAYS Ireland cluster areas.
Terms of Reference
The Co-Director will be appointed to a three year term. The Co-Director will work alongside the existing Co-Director, Ann MacPhail, initially. Ideally the Co-Directors should represent two different institutions/organisations.